Established in 2018, the Youth Advisory Group is comprised of 6 young people aged 18-30.They are tertiary students, practicing artists, writers, and performers - engaged and participating in Newcastle’s already vibrant cultural scene.
Each group commits to working with the Gallery and eachother for at least a 12 month period. They assist the Gallery in providing a youth perspecive, as well as coordinating several diverse projects throughout the year.
Expressions of interest in 2020
Applications for the Youth Advisory Group 2020 are opening soon. Newcastle Art Gallery is seeking interested individuals will work alongside Gallery staff providing new views, ideas and a youth perspective, as well as insight into younger audiences and their perceptions of Gallery programming.
Young Advisors will gain:
- Meaningful professional development with project based learning experiences, working alongside Gallery staff
- Knowledge and understanding of Gallery operations, planning and project management
- Networking and mentoring opportunities
- Insight into committee and board structures/roles, procedures and documents
Applicants must be:
- Aged between 18-30 years
- Committed to developing a career in a creative industry
- Prepared to make a 12 month commitment
Fair Work Australia information on unpaid work experience
Lauren van Katwyk
Audience Development & Visitor Services Coordinator
P: 02 4974 5115